- Multi-purpose nine-acre greenspace above GA 400 and MARTA’s Buckhead Station
- Award-winning cap park will bring much-needed connectivity to the heart of Buckhead
- Federal funding secured by Congresswoman Nikema Williams in 2022
- Grassroots fundraising campaign, Gimme 4, launched in 2022 to help bring this futuristic park to reality
HUB404 will create a world-class, community-driven greenspace above GA 400 in Buckhead. Serving the entire metro Atlanta area via its connections to MARTA and PATH400, this project will transform Buckhead’s core and invigorate the local culture and economy.
The first planned multi-modal transit-oriented park of its kind in the U.S., HUB404 will include connections to the growing regional trail network, enhancing accessibility and creating opportunities for residents and visitors to leave their cars behind and walk among a canopy of native trees and landscaping in the center of Buckhead.
HUB404 is a public-private partnership between the Buckhead CID and the HUB404 Conservancy.
This highway-capping project is set to begin engineering of the bridges over Lenox Road in 2023, and the engineering of the major section from Lenox Road to Peachtree Road is expected to begin by 2024. Following the design phase, construction is set to break ground in 2025 and be completed in 2028.
- Partners: HUB404 Conservancy, MARTA
- Status: Concept and design in progress
- Timeline: Feasibility study completed in 2015; engineering to begin in 2023; construction to begin in 2025 and finish by 2028
- Cost and Funding Sources: Estimated cost – $270 million; funding provided by private and public partners including U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development and the Georgia Transportation Infrastructure Bank
- Awards: 2018 WLA Awards Shortlist – Conceptual Design Award; AIA New York’s 2017 Design Awards – Urban Design Merit Award; World Architecture News’ Future Projects Urban Design 2017 Shortlist; Architect Newspapers’ 2017 Best of Design Awards for Urban Design