Lenox Road Complete Street
- Major project to enhance pedestrian infrastructure and traffic flow
- All three sections are currently in progress
- Section I features an urban linear park dubbed Lenox Boardwalk
- Section II will enhance pedestrian infrastructure and traffic flow between Peachtree Rd. and Phipps Blvd.
- Section III includes a first-of-its-kind elevated pedestrian and bicycle bridge at the GA 400 interchange
The focus of Section I will be the Lenox Boardwalk, a new urban linear park that includes a 10’-12’ multiuse trail along Lenox Road between the Lenox MARTA Station (on East Paces Ferry Road) and Peachtree Road (SR 141). This wide boardwalk will enhance visual aesthetics of the area while creating a better connection between existing businesses.
Work is anticipated to start in early 2024.
Section II will enhance pedestrian infrastructure, traffic flow and overall appearance starting at Peachtree Road and continuing to Phipps Boulevard. This section of roadway leads to some of Buckhead’s top-rated shopping centers and a major part of the commercial core. Improvements will focus on adding larger sidewalks, ramps, staircases and additional lighting.
Design is in progress and construction is expected to begin in 2024.
Section III will address the section of Lenox Rd. between Phipps Blvd. and Piedmont Rd. To improve connectivity at the busy Lenox Rd./GA 400 Interchange, Section III will include an elevated pedestrian and bicycle bridge which will be the gateway to HUB404.
A concept report for Section III is in review.
- Partners: Georgia Dept. of Transportation, City of Atlanta, MARTA, Pond & Company and Kimley-Horne
- Status: Section I – Work is anticipated to start October 2023; Section II – Design in progress; Section III – Concept report under review by GDOT
- Timeline: Section I and II construction to begin in 2024; Section III construction to begin in 2025