Howard Shook is serving his fourth term (16th year) as a member of District 7 on the Atlanta City Council. He has served on all seven of the Council’s standing committees. He is currently Chair of the Finance Committee.
Shook and his wife, Alise, are the proud parents of two daughters, Catherine and Mary Martin.
The District 7 area is best known for its blend of historic single-family neighborhoods and vibrant offices, hotels, restaurants, and retailers.
Political & Policy-making qualifications and experience:
- Eight-year president of the Ridgedale Park Civic Association;
- Former Chair of the Buckhead Neighborhood Alliance;
- Co-founder, Partnership for Better Government;
- Council appointee to the City of Atlanta’s Gentrification Task Force;
- Member, Buckhead Area Transportation Management Association Board of Directors;
- Elected to Atlanta City Council in November 2001;
- Service on all seven Council standing committees, including four years as Chair of the Finance Committee and three as Chair of the Utilities Committee;
- Council President Pro Tempore;
- Co-Chair of the Council’s Select Committee on Pensions;
- Atlanta Budget Commission;
- The Mayor’s Atlanta Pension Panel;
- Co-Chair of the Mayor’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Waste & Efficiency;
- Chairman, Atlanta-Fulton County Water Resources Commission